Are you planning a trip this summer?
Eagle Pose (Garudasana)
Enhances the sense of balance of the body.
Strengthens the muscles of the legs.
Also loosens the joints of the legs.
provides flexibility in legs and joints.
- Stand erect with both feet joined together and arms by your sides.
- Fix your eyes at a point ahead a bit below your eye level.
- Raise your right foot and wrap it around the left leg.
- As you inhale, bend your elbows and bring them in front of the chest.
- Now, wrap your forearms with each other, and join the palms to resemble an eagle’s beak, or form Namaste Mudra.
- As you exhale, slightly bend the left knee and lower your body.
- Erect your spine more for a balance.
- Hold this position to as long as you can with normal breathing.
- Inhaling, return to the base position by raising your body slowly, and release the legs and arms gently.
- Repeat with the alternate set of legs and arms.
- Lastly, come into Shithil Tadasan and relax.
How to Do an Eagle Pose (Garudasana) | Yoga - YouTube
Revolved Chair Pose (Parivrtta Utkatasana)
In standing position, keep feet and knees together.
Bend knees, lower hips.
Bring hands to prayer at heart.
Twist to the right, placing left elbow outside right knee.
Press thumbs to sternum, opening chest and deepen twist.